The Australian Federal Government has initiated a $250 million package of funding to support cultural and creative projects and initiatives to support the industry through COVID-19.
The arts funding is aimed at kick-starting the sector with funding preferencing commercial initiatives that generate jobs and are expected to have a positive economic impact. That is, this is an economic package as opposed to creative or cultural funding.
Below is a table detailing the funding available:
Outside of the funding package, SupportAct received $10m in funding for COVID-19 crisis relief grants. Crisis funding is accessible to:
- Musicians, crew and music workers who are unable to access Government benefits due to eligibility or other issues
- Music workers who have been able to access Government benefits but are still facing financial hardship; and to
- Those who are suffering financial hardship as a result of injury, ill-health or a mental health issue that is managed through a current Mental Health plan.
To be eligible, you will need to be a musician, crew or music worker, who:
- Is an Australian citizen, permanent resident or have a valid working visa
- Can prove they been working in the music industry for three years
- Can provide names and details of two professional referees
- Have household expenses greater than household income